Calcium hydroxide lime wash powder made from hydrated lime.
This product is currently sold out.
- High Calcium Hydrated Lime is caustic, and you want to make sure to wear a mask, gloves and safety glasses (or glasses will work fine).
- 20 parts water to one part lime powder is the ratio you want to use.
- Pre-damping the surface with a primer will make the surface more chemically compatible to receive the lime powder mixture.
- You will want to re-stir your mixture each time you apply. You can tint the lime powder with natural pigments in it's dry state before mixing with water.
- Stir well and make sure it is all blended. You can use lime wash on brick, mortar, cement etc. and not seal it. It will wear well for many years.
- You can mix the Amy Howard at Home binder to your lime wash and pigment to apply to the proper surface.
- You can also apply lime wash mixtures into wet venetian plaster to color and add beautiful detail.