DIY Abstract Napkin Holder | Using One Step Paint
Create a unique napkin holder as a housewarming gift or to have a little something new in your kitchen.
Supplies - click below to shop:
- Napkin Holder
- Clean Slate
- Holey Moley - One Step Paint
- Brooks Grey - One Step Paint
- Palmer Pink - One Step Paint
- Massey Hill - One Step Paint
- 1.5” Round Tapered Brush
- Painters’ Tape
- Lint Free Cloth
- Begin by cleaning the napkin holder using a lint-free cloth and Clean Slate.
- Next, place a piece of Painters’ Tape vertically to section off ¼ of the napkin holder.
- Burnish the tape by rubbing firmly along the edge.
- Then use the Round Tapered Brush to apply Brooks Grey One Step Paint using long strokes. Be sure to stop before getting to the end, leaving the raw brush strokes showing.
- After applying a second coat, remove the Painters’ Tape and allow to fully dry.
- Next, repeat the steps using the other three One Step Paint colors, applying Painters’ Tape to both sides and not burnishing as hard on top of the previously painted stripe.